We are following the Massachusetts safety guidelines to address Covid19. Gymnastics is listed as a ” lower-risk sport” in the Massachusetts Safety Standards document.
We have been open and safely practicing in our gym since June 15th with the following precautions in place:
- CHECK IN: Upon entering the building
- your temperature will be taken by an infrared thermometer.
- a staff member will sanitize each student’s hands and feet before entering the gym.
- your health screening document will be collected at the door. This is a 12-question form signed by a parent that screens for COVID symptoms. Gymnasts will bring this document to EVERY class. View and print out our health screening document to bring with you to Shens.
2. FACE COVERING – A mask must be worn by everyone in the building at all times. Masks are encouraged but not required for children between the ages of 2-5. Gymnasts may take a mask break, but must ensure they are not in close proximity to anyone – at least 14′.
Exceptions to wearing masks are:
– If a distance of 14′ can be maintained, gymnasts may remove their masks in order to perform an event (i.e. a single gymnastics event such as a bar skill or a floor routine)
– Masks are not required if a student has a documented medical condition or disability that makes them unable to wear a face covering
3. PARENT AREA – To limit the number of people in the gym, we ask that only one parent stay in the gym to view their child. If you can drop off, that would be preferred, however we realize parents in our preschool classes and parents of new students would like to watch. Please sit 6′ apart and wear masks at all times.
4. SOCIAL DISTANCING – Students will be asked to keep a 6’ distance between the other students during class. Parents in the waiting area will keep a 6′ distance from others.
5. SPOTTING Coaches will be wearing masks and gloves during class to safely spot their students.
6. SANITATION – The gym, equipment, and all surfaces will be cleaned each night. Coaches will be sanitizing the gymnastics equipment throughout the day.
7. CLOSED AREAS — The following items will be closed:
- NO WATER FOUNTAIN, please bring your own water
- NO VENDING MACHINE
- NO CHALK – Our chalk bucket will be removed from the gym to prevent many hands from touching. Please bring your own chalk.
- NO FOAM PIT – too difficult for us to sanitize each foam block in between use.
We ask that you be responsible and keep your children home if they are feeling sick or show signs of any airborne illness. Those customers possibly exposed or showing any signs of COVID-19 will not not be permitted in the facility. TOGETHER WE CAN KEEP EVERYONE HEALTHY!